We are a community dedicated to helping animals everywhere. We would like to thank the wonderful people who put forth their time and effort to organize charities to support and raise awareness for animals. The people who invest their time to organize and work these charities many times do not get compensated monetarily. They are giving their time unselfishly to support these great causes. We would also like to thank the great people who offer their services and contribute to keep these charities and organizations operating. Our lives get busy, but we appreciate you for prioritizing and making volunteer work and charity a priority. The PEOPLESPETPALS family asks that you contribute in any way possible to the following charities.
We need to support the organizations that support our animal friends. Be advised that PEOPLESPETPALS will not be collecting any funds or donations for charities. Our goal is to make charitable giving easier by collecting information and organizing it in a fashion which makes donating, volunteering, and signing petitions as effortless and simple as possible. We are her to serve only as a liaison, while encouraging others to come together and help animals in need. Our charity page was created to provide you with useful information which is organized in a clear manner allowing for easy participation. We hope that by providing you with this information, it will encourage kindness and giving which may make a difference in some animal’s life. Our goal is to increase awareness and stress the importance of volunteering, donating, and signing petitions while educating and informing people of the various needs of these animals. We have also created a page with suggestions for ways you can help for those who are interested. Remember, even the smallest of things can make a difference in these animals lives, all it takes is one.
Before the charities are listed on our website they our reviewed by our site administrator and their credentials are checked with the following groups. We suggest that before you volunteer or donate monetarily that you do some research of your own if you feel uncomfortable with any organization. We do our best and use multiple resources available to us to check the integrity and professionalism of these charities. However, PEOPLESPETPALS is not responsible for any misrepresentation given by any organization(s) or charities listed.
SOME GOOD INFORMATION TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN DONATING
There are two types of donations that can be made to a 501(c)(3). A cash donation is the transfer of funds to a nonprofit. An in-kind donation is the transfer of any other type of asset. In-kind gifts are contributions of goods or services, other than cash grants. Examples of in-kind gifts include:
Goods – like computers, software, furniture, and office equipment, for use by your organization or for special event auctions
- Services – like meeting space, photocopy and mail services, and administrative/financial support
- Expertise – like legal, tax, or business advice; marketing and website development; and strategic planning
- Cash equivalents – like stocks, bonds, and mutual funds
OTHER POINTS TO REMEMBER
- Never send cash donations. For security and tax purposes, it’s best to pay by check – made payable to the charity – or by credit card.
- Never wire money to someone claiming to be a charity. Scammers often request donations to be wired because wiring money is like sending cash: once you send it, you can’t get it back.
- Do not provide your credit or check card number, bank account number or any personal information until you’ve thoroughly researched the charity.
- What about texting? If you text to donate, the charge may show up on your mobile phone bill. If you’ve asked your mobile phone provider to block premium text messages – texts that cost extra – then you won’t be able to donate this way.